Wandering Around Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 30th 2008
Published: July 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well it is still just as hot and humid here. Cant do anything without breaking a sweat, even blinking lol. Been seeing a few things...

Did a walking tour around the old town, which was the original city the Romans founded. Guy doing it was pretty good, throwing in plenty of jokes (like going to the highest point in the old town which has an elevation of 16m above sea level.. he said "any Dutch people here prepare for a nose bleed and altitude sickness" but I think the rest of the people on the tour were retards because only me and another guy were laughing at them) with his knowledge. They put on a free beer at the end, I ended up with three ("just one wont do for an Aussie" lol) then went and checked out the Sagrada Familia church.

I certainly hope they dont take 50 years to finish it, because I´ll be straight back to see it when they have done it. Its too hard to describe it in the limited time I have here, Google and read a bit about it. Amazing.

That night went to a "tapas, sangria and flamenco" night. Firstly, I dont get the whole "tapas" thing... its just small bits of food, nothing special. The sangria was a bit sickly, maybe its an aquired taste but I´d rather beer any day. Thankfully the flamenco show more than saved the night. I dont usually go for stuff like that but it was damn impressive, the whole place was cheering and clapping.

Next day I went and checked out the apartment building Gaudi built. Tip: just look from the outside, dont pay the 8 euro to get in, then went to the museum of Barcelona town history, where they have unearthed a whole area of Roman stuff. Was a bit disappointed the medieval part of the museum didnt deal with the Inquisition as some of it was done in the building used to host the museum.

Then I went out to Park Guell, again another Gaudi creation. Couldnt see much from there because of the pollution, but the park itself was... interesting.

Montserrat was sensational, should be on everyones list to see.

Tarragona not so much.

Blah blah blah....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb