The Train in Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 29th 2008
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Jesus on the BeachJesus on the BeachJesus on the Beach

This artist used sand to depict Jesus on the Cross. He took the coins he got to buy beer, which I'm sure amuses Jesus!
We left Malaga airport this morning and headed out for Barcelona. Our time in Torremolinos was fast and fun. Our tour to Granada and the Alhambra was so interesting - last stronghold of the Moors and so much of their artistic and creative endeavors still intact. We had fun with the other people on the tour, from all over the world. Our guide spoke four languages. Terry had the most trouble with a gentleman from Australia and his very think accent. Washington Irving shamed the Spanish government into preserving the Albambra as a national treasure - 1800's - and we're thankful he did! We saw the residences of the sultan and the sultana and the haram.

About some of the food, which has been divine: we've enjoyed tapas everywhere, but some of the greatest were the fried eggplant and tomatoes with garlic, prepared by a very small, round cook in a bar on the beach. She was incredible! We watched Spain beat Russia in futboll and the restaurant erupted. Our waiter literally jumped up in the air. Of course, we joined in! Tonight will be the final game - Spain against Germany. We hope Spain wins, even though it will
The AlbambraThe AlbambraThe Albambra

Throne room of the sultan.
mean not much sleep because they drive around and honk all night.

Other great food - gazpacho, which I'm determined to replicate! We just thought mine was good. Calamares, helado(gelato), grilled peppers, lots of great fish, tomato bread (for lack of the correct term), small marinated carrots with garlic and basil, grilled sardines from Malaga Bay, and bacon wrapped dates! We ate a bunch of them for you Sandy!

The train we took from the airport in Barcelona to the hotel proved to be somewhat of a disaster because my wallet was stolen right from under my nose! I was pretty upset, but Terry said God distributed the money and someone else must have needed it more - so I called my credit cards and bank and cancelled everything. My purse is a bit lighter and I'll be much more on guard. At least I have my passport! - and we have our lives even after driving around this country!






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

MalagaMalaga
Malaga

Tex Mex - it's everywhere!
Our Hotel in TorrelominosOur Hotel in Torrelominos
Our Hotel in Torrelominos

An interesting convention
A Unique GrillA Unique Grill
A Unique Grill

Cooking fish on the beach - note the grill! A used boat!


29th June 2008

tapas
We wish we were with you eating tapas as the 8 of us did in McKinney! Happy traveling and thanks for the blog so we can get ideas for our next trip!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb