Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
March 6th 2008
Published: March 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After nearly a 13 hour, overnight train ride, we arrived in the Catalonian city of Barcelona. There we visited the famous Sagrada Familia, the world's most visited construction site. Actually it's a huge church that has been under construction for slightly over 100 years. It is Antoni Gaudí's, a famous 19th century architect, masterpiece. Gaudi's architecture seen around the city is amazing. He has a different style not seen in most of Europe. In addition to seeing the Sagrada Familia, we also visited the sight of the 1992 Summer Olympics, Gaudi's Park Güell, La Rambla street and other sights. The highlight of the trip was going to the Barcelona futbol game. Barcelona is the #2 team in Spain and ranks pretty high in the Champion League. Barca kept the game exciting winning 5-1. La Rambla is the city's main street for entertaiment, food, shopping, and street performers. Barcelona is unique from the rest of Spain, in that the people speak both Spanish and Catallan, a mix of Spanish and French. Said and done, Barcelona is an amazing city I can't wait to visit again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 129, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb