Day 21 24/4/12 Poblacion de Campos - Carron 18km (sick lady room)


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León
July 13th 2012
Published: July 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had another short walk today only 18km......It was either stay here or walk another 17km with nothing in between.....Jacqui is still flat and her heel is hurting so I think 18 is enough......

Our walk today was over quite flat country......the sun was out but the wind was still cold hitting us from the side.....Have been worse days for walking...We met up with Patrick and chatted for a bit as we walked....I feel he may walk on today and not stay in Carron.......

We got in at about 12.30 and found a Nunnery to stay in.... Went through the front door met by a little old nun who didn't speak any english.....She led us through another.....was starting to wonder if I was committed for life.....bit scarey me in a nunnery... the two just dont go together.......We met someone who spoke english....she signed us in stamped our compostella and led us across the court yard up the stairs and showed us where our rooms are.....One for the boys and one for the girls and separate toilets and showers .....We settled in to our little area of a room that felt like a girls dormitory....... went out to find some lunch but everything was shut, so we came back and settled for yesterdays bread and butter and jam from todays breakfast and a orange. Watched a priest playing basketball with some kids and giving out rosarys......we did a bit of washing and hung out on some rope to dry. Jacqui realised she had left her script glasses back at where we had signed in so went back to retrieve them only to be told they weren't there.....There is some nun walking around with a pair of purple glasses on.....

I found a old computer that was donation only and settled in to write a couple of blogs.....Jacqui ventured out on her own to find drugs with codine to try and help her coughing at night and food supplies for tomorrow's walk....

I saw Mathius in the mens room and said Hi

Jacqui is getting quite a collection of drugs.....It s very hard to go into a farmacia and try to explain what is ailing you through sign language.....She tried for antacid.....her reinacting of heart burn ended up with her purchasing anti vomiting tablets ( found that out when we googled the active ingredient later).....tried to get tablets with codine in it.....got some strong headache tablets have no idea what they were but no codine....her collection was growing

Went to a Bar not far from where we were staying to get some tea.....Between a lot of sign language and flapping of wings and baaing and mooing we worked out the menu and the meats. The food was quite good.....We had just finished eating and finished our bottle of wine when Ole walked in......He came and sat with us, and so he didn't have to go through the same thing we explained the menu to him and shared his bottle of wine with him while he ate.....Every time we meet with Ole he becomes a little more relaxed...tonight he was very talkative and we all had a great evening.....He was'nt staying in the nunnery so we say seeya to him and got back by 9.30....our enterance to the courtyard of the nunnery was a big iron gate.......we made it back in time and crept up to our room. The lights were turned off and every one was in bed....felt very naughty.....Jacqui was suffering from heartburn so took something from her stash and sat bolt upright in bed waiting for everthing to work.......Every time I looked at her I burst out laughing.....I am a caring soul.....I had to turn over and not look at her...I felt like some little school girl....The atmosphere of the whole place I think.....I eventually fell asleep.......At about 2.30 in the morning we were all woken by someone falling onto the floor vomiting ...so being the good nurses that we are we both got up in out tee shirts and red yellow and blue striped leggings to lend a hand.....She was french and had a friend there who helped her to the bathroom while we got the job of cleaning the floor.....We both decided that if she could walk to the toilet she hadn't had a stroke or heart attack so we went back to bed and after a long time went back to sleep.

I was feeling a bit strange in the stomach as well


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb