Soria – Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile & León » Soria
January 13th 2010
Published: January 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 13.1.210 day 90
Soria - Spain
We got up had bfast and headed off to Spain. Today was our last day in Portugal so our last chance to use our favourite Portages word ‘Fucker’ (Knife), being Australian we had been thinking that we would use it in the crocodile Dundee style ‘that’s not a fucker this is a fucker’ but sadly we did not even get to ask for a fucker at bfast, Oh well maybe next time we are in Portugal. We drove though Central Spain but we did not get to see a lot as there was lots of fog and rain. We drove though lots of places that had snowed and there was still snow on the road but there was lots of snow ploys and gritters out so it was not too bad, we still had to take it slowly. We did see three unmarked trucks with all the windows blocked out travelling in convoy it looked like synchronised driving the way they passed all the traffic on the motorway we could see the people sitting in the trucks had uniforms on but we could not tell what they were with the dark windows. As we wondered what they where caring we decided to stay with them for a while. First they slowed down to make us pass then they speed up to leave up behind. They were not happy with us behind then so eventually they turned off the motorway. We decided to stay in Soria the night we asked the price at a few Hotels and it was above our budget so we decided to drive on when just at the edge of town on the motorway we found a 3 star hotel within our budget that was very nice and had internet access. There was a restaurant across the road they did not speak English but we managed to get food by pointing and sign language. Soria has lots of Medieval and Roman sites.



Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb