Andorra


Advertisement
Andorra's flag
Europe » Andorra » Sant Julià de Lòria
January 14th 2010
Published: January 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 14.1.210 day 91
Andorra
We drove to Andorra today. Andorra is one of the smallest country in the world, 464 sq km 2 ½ times smaller than Paris. It has the best skiing in the Pyrenees the lifts can get 95,000 people up to the ski fields an hour, the population of the country is 76,900. It has great hiking and motorcycle riding in summer. There are no taxes in Andorra so petrol food and alcohol are very cheap. There is more than 1 shop per 40 residents in Andorra we saw about 30 motorcycle shops in about 5 km of one another. There are police on almost every pedestrians crossing directing traffic helping people across the road including people in wheelchairs and giving directions to tourists. We read that the speed limits is mostly ignored and the police do not seem to mind they seem more focused on helping people then booking people. The roads are winding and sweeping. No visas are required for entry and they are not part of the EU. We passed border control on the way in and there was some on sitting in the control point but they did not bother to get out or stop anyone. We did see that on the way out on the Spanish side they seem to be checking lots of cars. We filled our car up with the cheep petrol and went into the of the many shopping centres to get some cheap alcohol and could not believe how much cheap alcohol and food there was we where over welcomed by it and spent over an hour enjoying it ham, cheese, coffee and lots more all very cheap and good quality. It was one of the biggest shopping centres I have been in. We loved the place so much we want to live here. We found the nearest hotel and got there last room and stayed the night. The Hotel is full of hundreds of French school girls who did a performance in the lobby and are making lots of noise on our floor hopefully they will quiet down later tonight.



Additional photos below
Photos: 95, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb