Diving, Beaching, Hiking... A perfect weekend!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

I'm just coming to the end of my second weekend in Tenerife. If anything, it was even more action-packed than last weekend. On Saturday, I went down to the port early to go diving. We went out on a zodiac with about eight people to do a drift dive a little ways off shore. The current was really strong, we had to pull ourselves down to the botton with the anchor line of the boat. The dive was cool though, we didn't see anything huge, but we saw some cool eels, our guide fed one a piece of fish, which it devoured. After I was done diving, I met up with some of the other people in our group at the beach, where we hung out for the rest of the afternoon. We planned on taking the bus home and then coming back down for dinner, but we decided to save time just shower off at the beach, we probably got as much warm water there as we would have in the apartment anyways. We sat at a very English (of course) bar and drank several pitchers of sangria, then had dinner at a restaurant on the beach. Afterwards we walked around Los Cristianos for a while, it was a full moon so the beach was really amazing!
Today four of us went on one of the coolest hikes I've ever done. Ed, our boss, drove us up through the mountains, where we could see all the other islands. He dropped us off in a town called Masca, at the top of a huge gorge from the volcano. We hiked for three hours through a really beautiful valley with streams, plants, and huge boulders. It was amazing, I felt so small around everything. The hike ended at Masca bay, a black sand beach down from the cliffs of los gigantes. It was really dramatic to walk around the corner after being in the jungle for 3 hours and see the beach! We went for a swim and then caught a boat back to town. It was nice to be on the boat and not have to do any work! We ended the weekend with a barbeque, we've got loads of new people so we had yet another meeting tonight to go over everything we're doing. Now, I'm exhausted, but definitely in a good way. I can't believe I only have a little over a week left here, it has gone so fast! Next weekend we're doing the volcano hike, I can't wait!

Advertisement



2nd July 2007

awesome
What a wonderful journey! These memories will last you a life-time and I love "traveling with you" via the great "journalism". Sand, sun, sangria...life is good! -Sherie :)

Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb