Rain can't stop the Music!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
July 25th 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

With a brief (very brief, like half a day brief) break in the rain that has dominated our summer here in San Sebastian we headed out to a sunny day to watch the finals of the Oakley Surf Comp and a lunch outside where I once again got my favorite Bocadillo, Chaka (crab) some small canas of cerveza and sat outside for lunch. This summers theme in San Sebastian ...

When its sunny go to the beach, because it will start raining soon and you don't know if it will stop again.

It started raining again that evening but we forged into busy Parte Vieja for Pinxtos through rain, massive crowds and hunger we managed to have wonderful pintxos at some of our favorite local spots and make it home without being completely drenched.

This however was not the case last night...

With a day and half of constant rain we stayed at the apartment most the day, leaving only for food and returning quickly to dry off and try to rest since I haven't been feeling great (head cold?) in order to preserve ourselves for the final night of the Jazzaldia concert on the beach.
New perspectivesNew perspectivesNew perspectives

We finally got a small break from rain and wanted to walk.

Well worth it we found a new band well worth it Dawes, from California they are a great combination of rock, blue grass and great guitar and harmonies, they were also the band that played with the final act of the night Jackson Browne. Both were extremely worth standing in the rain on the beach to watch as they rocked on the stage till 2 in the morning, with a brief intermission where we found refuge in a coffee shop to sit, get warm, semi-dry and return.

Our last week in San Sebastian starts today with more rain that should finally come to an end tomorrow night to finish out the week strong with sun a bike ride to the other side of the city, stadium? and then onto Barcelona for 4 days before we are once again homeward bound.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The cityThe city
The city

Clouds rolling in again.
The viewThe view
The view

from where we sat eating our amazing gelatos
Seth enjoying his gelatoSeth enjoying his gelato
Seth enjoying his gelato

even if his face says otherwise
Bridge to the waterBridge to the water
Bridge to the water

in La Concha Playa they have stairways into the water
A one Man BandA one Man Band
A one Man Band

as we enjoyed our Pintxos
Another local SpotAnother local Spot
Another local Spot

all Pinxtos calientes and delicious
DawesDawes
Dawes

an amazing band


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb