La Playa and beyond....


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Basque Country » San Sebastián
July 5th 2011
Published: July 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Zurriola BeachZurriola BeachZurriola Beach

Pukas Surf Rentals and surf school!!!!!!
We have been in San Sebastian for 4 days now, it is a beautiful spot in the Spanish Basque country along the beach. The best way to describe it is Santa Monica, El Centro is filled with beautiful tree lines streets, shops and cafes, Rio De Janeiro the lush greens and Jesus Christ over looking the city and San Diego with the distinct beach town feel.

We stayed at pension Zurriola Waves our first night in town, putting us across the street fro the beach, and met some great new friends from Perth, Australia. Zurriola is the surfing beach in town but also had a sand soccer tournament going on so Seth was in heaven. It was fun watching all the bicycle kicks in the sand. With our new friends we ventured out into Parte Vieja (old town) and did some great Pinxto hopping form bar to bar and had a great time. We have been very fortunate to find on our first night one of the best Bocadillo (sandwich/ tapas) shops, as well as some great little places that we have continually returned to. All the food here is amazing almost as though you cannot go wrong wherever you walk into.

The weather here is perfect and the Basque/Spanish people here are very kind and patient, and proud I asked a dad what he and his wife were drinking in Spanish and they poured me a glass and said that I had to try their local cider, right in the middle of their lunch. Many do not speak a lot of English here so I have enjoyed practicing my Spanish though a little frustrating they always tell me to calm down and take my time listening and slowing down their speech so that I can understand and talk with them.

I love it here and Seth and I are having a Blast, we bought a second hand surfboard as rentals would have been over 300 euros each for the summer this is the cheaper option and I am enrolled in a 5 day surf camp next week doing an hour and a half each day (very excited).

Post more soon, hope everyone else is enjoying their summers as much as I am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

The inlet from the ocea to riverThe inlet from the ocea to river
The inlet from the ocea to river

Fluctuates greatly with each tide and has tons of fish...
Playa ConchaPlaya Concha
Playa Concha

The other main beach
Me, Tim and EugeneMe, Tim and Eugene
Me, Tim and Eugene

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie........


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb