Day 21 - Mallorca, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Majorca
September 17th 2006
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Thursday September 7th, 2006
Day 21
Mallorca, Spain

I was up early this morning as it was too hot to sleep and I'd told Parky to wake me up when he was heading to the bakery (this had now become a morning ritual). I thought it would be a good chance to get to know him a bit better without the other guys around. We walked to the bakery and back, had breakfast and headed into Santa Ponça to have a look around.
The shops here were all the same, selling countless souvenirs and more inflatable pool things that you could imagine. We checked out the beach, this was very classy.
After laying on the beach for a while and trying out the water we dried off and headed across the road to McDonalds for lunch. Being such a tourist island, McDonalds was probably the busiest restaurant on it at this time of day (I think, mainly because it was fast, conveniently placed opposite the beach and reliable). I had issues with it though, for example, if you order a medium it was like you ordered a super-duper sized meal (bigger than our large at home). It was good though, and amusing trying to order in Spanish (thank goodness there was photos so we knew what things were!). We sat in the air-conditioned building for as long as possible but eventually we made our way further into town just to check out the rest of the shops, again, they were all full of countless souvenirs.
Slowly we got over being hot and bothered, and got over dodging all the people so we got in a taxi and headed back to the villa for a swim in the non sandy pool (why swim in salty, sandy water when you can avoid it?!)
I eventually decided on a siesta after a lovely shower as later we were heading to Magaluf for our first night out since we'd been here.
After my siesta and some dinner, chicken nuggets were on the menu for me tonight, I got ready and we caught a taxi into to Magaluf.
The boys already knew basically where they wanted to go but I wanted to check out the rest of the nightlife first. So we walked around for a bit. We went and had some drinks in a small bar where the drink specials were amazing (the Spanish sure know how to drink; I'm talking free pouring alcohol. Alcohol on the island is almost cheaper than soft drink, no joke. So we had some drinks and went for more of a walk where we came across Coyote Ugly. Yes, the girls were dancing on the bar and the atmosphere in there was just how it looks on the movie. We didn't stay long though, we moved on to the massive club called 'BCM'.
BCM was crazy! It cost up €20 (about Aus$32) to get in which sounds like a lot but this included a cowboy hat for the boys and a union jack g-string for the girls among various other giveaways, but the main thing it included was and open bar! This was the selling point! That's right, and drink you wanted, it was free! As you can imagine this meant it was a very big drinking night.
Like I said though, this place was amazing. The free gifts on arrival and the open bar was just the starting point. We didn't have to line up to get in and there was four bars (and this was just in the downstairs room) so it meant no lining up for you free drink either, which also meant there was no need to get more than one at a time like you would back home. The DJ was really good, playing almost anything you could request from 80s, to pop, rock, punk, disco, house, hip-hop and RnB, and he kept mixing it up, that was the best bit. Also, the people in the club were all lovely; everyone was there to simply have a good time. It appeared to be a fairly clean club, no one needed to be on drugs I guess as the booze was free so that was enough to keep them all happy, not like back home.
Also, the crown seemed to be mostly English, Irish and Scottish holidayers , and I didn't come across any sleazy ones like when I was in Rome.
We danced and drank for hours before finally deciding to call it a night and catch a taxi back to the villa. After a midnight snack (or two, those left over chicken nuggets came in handy) I dragged myself into bed for some much needed sleep. Oh what a night!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb