Paintball for Peace!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Ibiza
November 19th 2007
Published: November 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Paintball!



What a great way to say goodbye to my friends on Ibiza before embarking on my round-the-world trip!

My ibicencan and multiple-nationality friends agreed to have it out in the paintball battle-trenches near San Antonio!

We all got bruised and had sore muscles from getting hit, running, crouching and carrying the weapon in the air.
It was a thrill to hit our opponents, fun to try and avoid those whizzing, stinging, dastardly little balls, not so much fun feeling their bite and see the paint-splash!

All in all, we had a great laugh and made some interesting discoveries; like the need for tactics and teamwork, how long fifteen minutes can be, how annoying a steamed up visor can be and how impossible real war must be!

Long gone are the days that Horace wrote his poem

Dulce et Decorum est Pro Patria mori

about how sweet and honourable it is to die for one's country...
Nowadays it seems like quite an impossible undertaking, high risk with little payout.

Peace is definitely much nicer!

The paintball center is staging a Peace Show for Burma on the 15th of December with concerts and other activities. Proceeds go to Burma for Peace.
Everybody can get shot at.Everybody can get shot at.Everybody can get shot at.

Girls, boys and men...
So, even they know where the real meaning is!

After that bang of a seeing-off, I am as ready as I will ever be for at least one year on the road!

My itinerary:
Boat to Denia, drive 1500km to Chiasso, Switzerland, sort out some stuff, sell Alfred (my faithful Alfa, that took Jordi and I from Lugano to Munich to St. Tropez, back around all of Switzerland to Munich and Stuttgart before dropping us back in Lugano), then to Milan for a wild night at a rave with Wayann, then to London for the official ticket-start:
Madagascar, South Africa, India, Thailand, Angkor Wat, Sydney, Auckland, Fiji, California, Guatemala and then overland to Salvador de Bahia, via Macchu Picchu and Santa Cruz, Bolivia, then back to London unless I find my beach along the way...

So with light heart and happy anticipation, I begin my voyage of experiential learning!

Peace & Fun to you all.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Action!Action!
Action!

Can you see them? There are at least three men in the picture.
Warrior Bunch?Warrior Bunch?
Warrior Bunch?

Tired after it all.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb