Ibiza, Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Ibiza » Santa Eulalia
September 25th 2012
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We finished up Ireland on Sept 19th. After the beautiful town of Dingle, Ireland we moved on to Kinsale, Ireland. Another gorgeous place. Right on the Seaside, as they would say. Met up with Mike and Marg and Jackie in Kinsale. They had gone off to Killarney but my book friend Rick Steves said to go to Killarney was like going to Arkansa. Not sure why that comment but it was enough to take a pass. We opted for the much smaller more picturesque town of Glengarriff for the night. One main street with lots of pubs and restaurants. Everywhere we went was spectacular. We basically drove the coast all the way around Ireland. The Dingle peninsula was the best. I think the Ring of Kerry is touted as being the most spectacular views but in our book it was the Dingle peninsula.

Our last day in Ireland, we left Kinsale and meandered toward Kilcooey to have dinner with Marie, Chris and Jack. This is Margarets sister. The rest were staying for a few days at Maries. We left Marie’s after a superb lamb dinner and returned our rental car, got to a hotel right by the Dublin airport getting ready for our flight to Ibiza the next morning.

Awwwww- Ibiza

Keiran and Sheila, another one of Margaret’s sisters have a beautiful house in Ibiza. What a place!! There house is about 5 bedrooms. We have our own wing with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathroom also a gorgeous pool. They are wonderful hosts and have made our first, but not last visit to Ibiza so special. It has been a frenzy of eating and drinking, sunning and more eating and drinking. The first night we arrived we met 5 females friends at their local little restaurant and all enjoyed a special dinner of suckling pig that Kieran had ordered for us all. They are a great group of single and married ladies that enjoy life to the max. Some have husbands that are at home working and some are widowed and some are just single. They are a fun group. Since that first dinner we have been together for every dinner but one, since. Each taking a turn treating. Tonight Larry is cooking for the group. He is out right now with Keiran buying the groceries. Kieran is the sous chef. His specialty is porridge so it could be interesting!!

Saturday, we all went out on Annette’s boat. Kieran was the captain, Annette the co-captain. We boated about 45 minutes down the beach to a lovely little restaurant. Roberto had been phoned so he was waiting with the dingy to take us to shore. We spent about 3 hours over eating and drinking. It is a lovely boat for this kind of sea and weather. 28 foot open boat with lovely comfy sitting or lying areas. It is the life of the rich and famous. Went past Rod Stewarts house and next door lives Elle McPherson. In the bay with the restaurant were amazing yachts. We all wondered who would be on them. I googled one of them the Seadweller. It was 156 feet long and a rental. We cruised by to have a look and a big burly security type guy came and stood on the steps until we had turned around and sped off. Actually way up on the cliff there was a paparazzi, taking pix. He was so far away I think it must be kind of like the pix of Kate Middleton. Take the picture, develop it and see who you might see. No way he could have seen anyone on a boat from that distance. Yesterday was the All Irish soccer match so it was lunch at Annettes, some watched the game while others slept and sunned and then it was home for a rest before we all met again for dinner on Kay!! What a life. I don’t think this is a lifestyle we could take for long. Way too much food and drink.

We leave here on Wednesday for London. We will fly into London, rent a car, do a drive around for 7 days and then spend the last 5 nights in London itself. More from the UK


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb