Jugslie has Arrived


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
October 14th 2010
Published: October 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So the girls are here in Seville. I left my relaxing hotel to grab the bus to the airport. This is where we have to pick up our rental car. Hmmmm. While I am waiting for the girls, I check with the rental car place. They have no automatic cars for us. Shit! The Hertz lady said they were getting some but didn’t know when. As we are in Seville, we don’t need a car so we asked if we can just pick up a car on Sunday instead. Apparently this scenario is fine… just crossing our fingers there will be a car for us!

We checked into our hotel (the girls made all the hotel reservations). They picked an amazing place! We had some lunch and went straight into town. After a few hours, we headed back to the hotel. We headed for the beautiful roof deck for some relaxing time. Dinner was at an awesome tapas restaurant (337 years old!) that was close by to the hotel. For 2 girls who just flew in from NYC, following our bottle of wine at dinner, they stayed up to have another bottle. My tolerance for alcohol is going to be a lot stronger after this week.

After a good night’s sleep, we had a late start and started our day at the cathedral. It was huge! This is the largest cathedral in the world. Christopher Columbus is buried here. We even walked up the 34 flights to the top of the Giraldi tower (as did Samantha Brown from Travel Channel - the girls even downloaded the episodes from Spain for ideas). Following the cathedral, we went to Alcazar. This was a reminder of Morocco… This is an old royal palace that is just beautiful. It has been refurbished and continues to be for many years to come. The gardens were very nice to walk through, even though there weren’t many flowers. We went for some tapas after a very long morning and afternoon. Siesta time!

Off to one of the squares for dinner and drinks. When we finished dinner up around 11pm, the streets were still filled with people, including children kicking around soccer balls! It is such a different culture here. We went for some Shisha (hookah) as both Leslie and Sheri never tried it before. After melon flavored hookah and a pitcher of cool aid sangria (yes, it was mixed with all sorts of randomness), we headed home as we were getting up pretty early to see about our rental car and head south!

BTW - Both Sheri and Leslie are obsessed with Gwenyth and Mario Batali… They love their show ‘On the Road Again’ (PBS) and are praying that the show returns before our next trip to Spain and/or elsewhere. OR, they would really love to be guests and/or host the next series. OYE.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb