A Weekend Holiday to Cadiz and Marbella!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Marbella
June 21st 2005
Published: June 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Manuel....can you get any more Spainish with a name like that?Manuel....can you get any more Spainish with a name like that?Manuel....can you get any more Spainish with a name like that?

He was...what he liked to call himself.."the typical" Cadiz boy... He was really just a boy...He got a kick out of telling all his friends we were Americans....and from California....He was definitely the big man on campus that night....;)
After week three of classes, and many days laying out by the pool, I had to stop teasing myself and get down to see the real ocean. The south of Spain is known for the their amazing beaches and resorts. I really wanted to go to a Spa.... i know... but after all this backpacking..which is such hard work.... I wanted to be spolied......well, it didnt happen, funds are limited...so instead, we got really creative....hostel.....aww man....!!

We started our trip on a five hour train ride to Cadiz. A small barrio of fishermen, and a small strip of a beach. Extremely hot weather, and extremely hot guys...i think Cadiz has the hottest men in all of Europe.... Seriously...every where I walked, there was one on his vespa, another with his mother, another with his girlfriend...which is almost always the case....they always have girlfirends.....hmmm..... but seriously very good looking people....everyone glowed....

Caidz was cute, we met a nice local, and he took us to a real Cadiz bar. Bars in Spain is not like the kind of bar in the states.....they are more like a sit down and chat type of environment, families get together, and sometimes they bring thier
The view from our hostel!The view from our hostel!The view from our hostel!

It was a calm, warm, and soothing night.....it felt exactly as it looked....
pets with them...extremely casual.

We had fresh fish, crab, and octopus...and the local white wine.... so yummy... We chatted up the owner, so of course he had much to say about his little home town. He gave us an inside scoop on Flamenco dancing.... and where to go... no discoteca..or he wasn't into the bump and grind stuff... haha...

We pretty much day tripped Cadiz... What do you think about that Amy? haha... anyway, beautiful place...we were so close to Morrocco...i was actually very tempted to hop over and put a new stamp in my Visa!

We stayed only one day and night in Cadiz....the beaches were so windy, I could barely lay out. I had to blindly walk to the water, my eyes closed shut and watery from the coarse sand whipping at my face...terrible! And all I wanted to do was get dark...lay out...and sleep..... we had to come up with another desitination.....it was then when someone suggested MARBELLA!!!!!! Its off to Marbella!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The "typical " Cadiz street!The "typical " Cadiz street!
The "typical " Cadiz street!

I loved this! Almost every street in Cadiz was lined with potted plants hanging from the walls and the must have scooters outside their front doors!
A really cool tree!A really cool tree!
A really cool tree!

This tree was so huge and had little caves in in....it smelled like pee, if you got too close.....but it looked cool!


25th June 2005

Day tripped it, huh? :)
Congratulations on being down with classes!!! I just got back from Puerto Vallarta last night, which was beautiful as well! Hey mon, is that a jumper??? Is your inner J-LO fully out? ;) Can't wait to hear about Marbella!
1st July 2005

Beautiful
you look amazing and i am SO happy you are enjoying yourself experienciing so many wonderful things. congratulations on finishing school!

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb