Hitchikers guide to España


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
April 12th 2009
Published: April 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola Amigos! We took a flight out of London on Thursday night to Alicante (Spain). Expecting a burst of summer we stepped off the plane and had to put on jackets and beanies. We spent our first night in Alicante and the following day was black friday. Subsequenly not much in the town was open. We hunted around for a deal to get to the south of Spain (Malaga) however everything was out of our very limited price range so we decided to give hitchiking a go!
2 days and 7 rides later we arrived. Hard work and very cold! The transport ranged from a BMW to a family campervan with a crazy nana. Not many people spoke a word of english. It certainly was an experience on its own...not sure if we would advise anyone to try it.
The night between rides we stayed in a city called Mucia. We had an amazing kebab for dinner, it was huge! Also the beer here is so cheap...the same price as a coke... The Redbull is out of control, $6 a can!
We thought we had arranged accommodation for a week in Benalmandena, but when we arrived we didnt have anywhere to stay! We settled for an overpriced backpackers for the night.
The Costa del Sol was beautiful with the white spanish style housing and the blue mediterranian waters.
Tonight we are boarding an overnight ferry to Morocco! (well it actually goes to a spanish city called Melilla in Morocco). It should be exciting, hopefully we will get some sleep.
If anyone has been to Morocco and has any ideas for us would be great.
Love Jess and Kris


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb