From Ronda to Jaen


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Jaén
July 14th 2015
Published: July 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On a pocket book of Spain we bought in Adelaide had an amazing scene of the city of Ronda. So we decided to visit that. It is a city perching on the top of a cliff. It was very exciting to find the exact place where the photo was made. Huge gorges connected by Roman bridges and fantastic scenery. In this part of Spain there is no English at all. Even young people have no idea apart from some that have studied overseas or in an English speaking country. It makes it so interesting when you order food. You often hope you get what you order. People here are fantastic. very helpful. You look at the map and they come to you and start talking to you in Spanish. You tell them no Spanish but they just keep going explaining which way you should go to see that important church of Museum. We had a very nice time in Ronda a very nice city. Travelling on we went to Jaen another 300 k.m. further. The way we pronounce it does not make sense to the Spanish people. The say like in Dutch " GEIN". Easy to remember. The GPS could not find the street where the B&B was. That means we have to ask. As we explained before that is something you can do without. You give them the paper with the address and they look blank when they see it. They start than walking from one to another with that address till they find someone who thinks they know. Anyway we did find a person that knew. Parking in Spain is enormous problem. They just park in a roundabout and turn on the four ways and leave. In Jaen we visited the Roman Bath and museum. Very interesting place. They are found through diggings in that area. The Arabs made it into a bathing complex very genius setup. We did not go into the Cathedral, there was holy Mass so we just took pictures from the outside. Walking to all those places make you very thirsty special in so 40 degrees. We consume a fair bit of beer to keep up the fluids. Next place will be Caravacas de Vera Cruz. One of the five holy places where the pilgrims go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb