Wind and Sun


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Lanjaron Water...the best in SpainLanjaron Water...the best in SpainLanjaron Water...the best in Spain

We drove through Lanjaron...
We had a beautiful drive here from Granada, via the Sierra Nevadas...a lot less traffic on the autovias than in Italy!

We left Granada in rain, but the skies were clear most of the time we were in the Sierras. We drove up to one of the mountain villages for lunch and a walk, and then headed out to the Cabo de Gato, one of the few wild places left on the Spanish Coast...

We found an inexpensive hotel with a pool, where we are the only guests! Unfortunately, there were high winds on our first full day here, but wonderful sun....the gusts were up to 40 mph by last night, which made dining in the somewhat enclosed seafront restaurant patio an adventure!

Yesterday we hiked to the next beach along the sea, on rocky cliffs. Bill stopped before me and thus missed the nude beach further on...! Later that day we used the car the explore and visited the salt basins (after trying to find them for an hour) where there are migratory flamingoes!

Today I read on the beach, in small cove sheltered from the wind (which has died to a breeze). However it turned out to be too sheltered from view, and Bill spent much of the morning looking for me...at one point he was a few feet away, and I didn't see him! The water is too cold for swimming...a great disappointment for me....

Tomorrow we will drive to Cullera (where the wedding takes place), stopping to visit Cartagena along the way....after three nights in Cullera/Valencia, we will drive to Barcelona...and then head home on the 30th....


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Wind power:  oldWind power:  old
Wind power: old

There are several of these still standing on Cabo de Gato...
VillageVillage
Village

Bundled up...it was cold!
UglinessUgliness
Ugliness

All along the coast there are millions of square feet of plastic covering mostly tomatoes....
UglinessUgliness
Ugliness

All along the coast there are millions of square feet of plastic covering mostly tomatoes....
Next hill...Next hill...
Next hill...

Bill stayed on the beach and I hiked up the next hill, to see what I could see...another hill!
Nude BeachNude Beach
Nude Beach

Sorry George, only the men were parading around..!


20th May 2013

Where's your telephoto lens?
There was one in the background right. :)

Tot: 0.757s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 33; qc: 123; dbt: 0.3264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb