Cordoba


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Córdoba
April 18th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A good day of cycling with rolling hills and many scenic vistas. Rode 30 miles some with a little too much liquid sunshine. Lots of crops ready to be harvested including oranges and asparagus. As Pat says, from now on she will think of Spain when she smells orange blossoms.
Had lunch at a large farm(1300 acres) hosted by Senor Antonia. He was very welcoming and he and his family served a wonderful lunch. His family has owned the farm for 5 generations. Every spring when they plow they unearth more Roman pottery. He shared stories on how and why the Romans started the olive oil trade and pottery making. From here they shipped the large amphora of oil to the far reaches of the Roman Empire.
Then it was onto Cordoba to our 5 star hotel. We went out and found tapas again - we are getting quite expert in choosing and enjoying the Spanish food.
Tomorrow we tour Cordoba by foot.
Looking forward to sharing more of our adventures when we return home.
Love,
Jim & Pat/Mom & Dad

Advertisement



18th April 2010

HI
I hope not to much liquid sunshine to come . James Caitlin came over today ,Sunday, and we had a nice afternoon together. Have to learn more about this Spainish food when you get home. Continue to enjoy. All is well here. Tuesday going to lunch with Irene.
19th April 2010

enjoy Cordoba
Hi Mom and Dad - I have to admit, I don't know what liquid sunshine is. I'm assuming rain? Enjoy Cordoba! Love, Bethany

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb