Valentine's Day


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Córdoba
February 16th 2009
Published: February 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I thought I would post some pictures on here so you can see my students. This week Rachel and I switched schedules, so now I will be doing 3 year olds, 1st, 2nd and 5th grade. I will really miss my kids, but I guess it will probably be nice to have a change.

This weekend we had gorgeous weather again. Friday night Cecilia and I just relaxed. Each week we have been cooking something new, and last week it was Moroccan chicken stew with sweet potatoes. it was DELICIOUS! Saturday we walked around the city because it was so nice out. We got our eyebrows "waxed" which actually entailed a woman tweezing them and ripping out our skin. Not pleasant, but you live and you learn right? Carnaval starts this weekend and there was supposed to be something going on in one of the plazas so we went... but it just turned out to be a bunch of people and a stand with food and alcohol. There was a stage set up and people with costumes, but nothing was happening while we were there. But it was nice to just enjoy the sunshine and a nice cold beer.
We went home and then went to the gym as we do every day. After that we came back home and baked peanutbutter cookies! They were SO yummy! Our oven mysertiously broke last week so we got a brand new one. It was nice to use it. Then since it was Valentine's day, Ceci and I decided to go out to dinner and be each other's dates... we live very close to a Barbacoa (BBQ) place and it always smells amazing and we hav heard great things about it, so we thought we would go there for dinner. People aren't as crazy about Valentine's day here as in the USA, but when we got to the restaurant it was PACKED!! There was a line out the door and 2 lists full of names. So we just went to a pizza place that we know to try their other dishes. We both ordered random things which turned out to be nothing like what we expected. But our bread was delicious, haha.
After dinner we got ready to go out. We met some friends at a bar and it was actually a great time. We went to a few bars and it was so much fun because we knew people at every bar!! Its nice to feel like we have friends in this city. We saw a lot of people we know from the gym. One couple that we said hello to didnt even recognize us. It was funny. People don't realize who we are because they are just used to seeing us all sweaty in gym clothes. It turned out to be a really fun evening.
Sunday we slept in and walked outside for a bit cuz it was gorgeous. We went to the BBQ place for lunch and it was DELICIOUS! Spanish BBQ is not like what you think of when you think of BBQ. it just means that its mean cooked over an open flame. We both got Secreto Iberico which we tried when we went to portugal. Jamobn Iberico is a special ham that comes from the Extradura part of spain, they are the pigs that are only fed acorns for their whole lives. The meat was absolutely delicious. It was a very nice, relaxing and FUN weekend!!

The weather is still gorgeous and I am loving it. This weekend I can't wait for Cirque du Soliel in Sevilla. Then mom and dad come next week. Today I "worked" for a total of 10 minutes then just strolled the city and enjoyed the sun. Life is good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb