Week 21....27 Vera, Almeriamar, La Mata, Albir, Pola. Bigastro. Valencia, Platja d\'Aro, Agde, Marseille, Genoa, Milano, Soave, Dornberk


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
March 9th 2014
Published: April 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

Its a long time since you heard from us, mainly because we haven't had anything interresting to tell.

This period have been represented by mostly resting! If you think this is mainly holiday you must rethink. All the impressions running into our brains take time to absorb. In addition the weather in Spain have not behaving the last weeks. There have been more or less a constant storm hitting Portugal and Spain from the north west. We have even felt the winds on Costa Blanca. Today the weatherforecast from Cadiz to Almeria have storm warnings. The same applies to north Africa.

The temperatures have been lower than normal, even on Costa Blanca.

We have mainly been to known places met friends and relaxed.

However we found a nice place in Santa Pola, and the owner an young german with a lot of stories entertained us.

In Bigastro we found a new parking in the most quiet place in Spain. During night we could not even hear our own snooring!!!

The Spanish healt service got a visit from us. As soon as all the bureacraticy were sorted out, everything was extremely efficient. A little shock for
Bigastro CamperparkBigastro CamperparkBigastro Camperpark

We had it all for ourselves
us as we are used from the no functioning Norwegian hospitals. Finally it turned out to be a inflammation in Cathrines foot after she had dropped an Moroccan fossile on the foot!!!

We have also done more free camping lately, not going into overcrowded campsites, and it is just very relaxing.

We have spent more than a month in Spain now and are ready for further travel.

We travelled via Valencia, Platja d'Aro and quite quicly through France and Italy. We had a meeting with a owner of a small company in Genoa, who did not paint a nice picture of Italy, he expected another 500000 unemployed during the year. The government had increased taxes and he was forced to pay upto 75% tax. The fuel in Italia is the second most expensive in Europe and this has made all the petrol stations close to neigboiring countries to close. All autostradas in Italy are tollroads so its problably as expensive as Norway for travelling.

We finally reached Dornberk in Slovenia. Here we cheched into www.vinasaksida.com. An nice wineyard with restaurant and an extremely nice hostes and a chef out of another world. We had a five course meal that made us both speechless. Its quite fantastic to stop Cathrine talking. The meal was made out of locally grown products and presented in a fantastic way. And the taste was just marvellous. Where are the Michelin guide judges, they need to make a visit.

On our tour to Ljubljana we passed Postonje and visited the caves

http://www.slovenia.info/?naravne_znamenitosti_jame=449 in Slovenia there are more than 10000 caves but this one was amazing. We spent half aday there before continuing to Ljubljana. We parked at a new parking just 2 km from the center and used our bikes in the city. Ljubljana is a beutiful city just above 200000 inhibitants and the charm of the old town, the market and the entertainment were lovely.

then the road took us via Petrovac in Bosnia Herzgovina to Rama Scit and peninsula in a water reservoir for energy production. We stayed at Konoba Gaj. A small farm in the middle of the lake, with a marvellous view. And extremely friendly and nice owners. Dinner was prepared and brought to our car everyday. It seems that we are in a steam of just fantastic places and people.

Our biggest problem
while traveling is wifi, gas supply and general working the data. we have lost a lot of pictures but hope you find the few we put in are ok.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Market in LjubljanaMarket in Ljubljana
Market in Ljubljana

And as almost all women we do like to shop a little. Bought some souvenirs to bring home.
LjubljanaLjubljana
Ljubljana

At the marked. Some local vine we bought. Fantastic.


Bosnia river....
imageimage
image

Just stopped by the road to enjoy the wonderful view

BosniaBosnia
Bosnia

A tight entrance. But no problem. They cut most of it so we could pass. That was a sight for the eyes. People so friendly. They made us nice homemade meals. We will go back there....
BosniaBosnia
Bosnia

The entrance cleared with chainsaw. No problem. We felt very welcome. For sure we had a good laugh


Ivan and Mario. Smiling and helpfull. We do not talk their language, they speak a little english but everything came to place. Beautiful and quiet place.
imageimage
image

It was amazing the looks around.


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb