i'll make the two times table mine...


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
November 22nd 2007
Published: November 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

reeeeeeeesting! my legs are falling off, i swear. see, i cant remember my legs being this tired in summer, despite that being a month of walking around. i suppose i wasnt waking up at 7am every day then, but still. whats happened to me?! i'm so unfit, it's ridiculous. ah well, boo hoo hoo. it's still been a fantastic time. token recap.

after leaving this on an incredible cliffhanger yesterday as i thought i was in a rush, it turned out that my train to koper was 30minutes late, so with hindsight i could have sat around and provided the thrilling ending that the entry deserved, but no, i decided to sit on the platform like a giant lemon. train arrived, and away we went. i do enjoy staring out the window, it's nice. although i've finally found a problem with my giant headphones, they dont allow me to lie with my head back on a seat, gah! so next time i travel, little headphones it will be. size as well i guess, but more for sleepability. now thats a heck of a word. so the train chuntered towards koper, stopping in all manner of places that seemed to forget that vowels exist, and attempting to pronounce certain ones was rather good fun.

arrived in koper, and wasnt really sure what to do then. sonja had said to go to piran, but after the train being so late i wasnt sure if i could be bothered waiting for more transport, so i half started walking towards koper central, before changing my mind and walking back to the bus station, to get me a bus to piran. bus arrived, and good lord, that bus took a loooooooong time. it seems that traffic was not my friend yesterday. saying that, when is traffic anyones friend? i dont know, ridiculous statement. after about an hour, i arrived in piran, and i immediately thought of cornwall. if cornwall was on the continent. and was better. jerry had said that the only thing to do in piran was go to the castle, so thats where i went, steeeeeeeeeeeeep hill climb. the views from the top of the castle were pretty fantastic, of course i took about a million photos of essentially the same thing, but hey, this is my trip so i couldnt care. 😊

decided to get some food so ended up having a giant burger. the man in the shop was something of a football nut, and after deciphering that i'm welsh he asked me who i preferred, bellamy or giggs? this sort of thing continued for a while, before the talk turned to the premiership. this man was pretty entertaining and seemed to know his stuff, until he uttered the infamous words...

'listen to me. man city will win the title in 3 years'.

riiiiiiiiiiiiight. he also seemed to think that city were going to buy kaka and ronaldinho. now, maybe i'm pessimistic, but seriously. he did rant on about a croation player called Modric as well, who is going to arsenal, or something like that. he was a good man, but i was pretty chuffed to get out of there and eat my burger, because i was too tired to have an opinion on anything.

the journey home was loooooooong, as first of all there was no piran traffic which meant i had ages to wait at koper train station, and then i had ages to wait at ljubljana train station when i got back there, before finally getting a bus to kranj were i met up with sonja and jerry, and SLEPT.

today has been nice and quiet, nothing too strenuous. got a bus to city park, which is the main shopping centre type thing and just walked aimlessly around, which was nice. bought me some trousers from H&M, which are long overdue. so andrew 'pimpmaster 5000' neve, if you are reading this, which i seriously doubt as i'm pretty sure reading isnt taught at LIPA, my trousers nightmare is over. hallelujah. gonna head back to kranj now, and find my way from the bus stop to sonja's house, which could actually be really messy. not sure what tonight holds, i think mexican food was mentioned the other day, but we shall wait and see. tomorrow night however, is party time. mine, jerry's and a girl called vita (i think it's vita, i canni quite remember), some sort of massive joint birthday party. i dont expect to sleep. i imagine i'll break another camera.

lep prozdav!

Advertisement



22nd November 2007

Good Lad
Enjoy reading your comments john keep it up lots of love xxxxxX

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb