Ljubljana for Tim's final race


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana
June 3rd 2007
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After wandering around Piran in the morning we headed for Ljubljana in the afternoon a trip of around 150 kms. The drive itself was uneventual until a deer ( Bambi) poked its head out of the forest and began to move towards the edge of the autobahn. This happened to be right at the time I was searchnig for a pretzel that I had dropped while driving and thus I didn't see Bambi until it was way too late to take any form of evasive action. Fortunately for Bambi, and us, it had the sense to recognise that its life expectancy would be best extended by turning right around and heading back to where it had come from.

We arrived in Ljubljana late in the afternoon and after checking into our hotel headed out to catch up with Matt for dinner. He is staying
at a youth hostel in the old town. This part of town is really nice with lots of restaurants and bars situated beside the main canal that runs through the town.

Tim's final competiton was a Tarcen an articial course just outside the city. The course here is really challenging with the first drop from the starting pool massive!!

There were two races over the weekend, with the top ten in each class going on to a one run final, with 700 euro prize money in total.

On the Saturday Tim and Tom raced really well putting down 2 solid runs to finish in 10th position.

That night we had dinner with Matt & tim which was really great. Tim drove the team car all by himself into town so that he could meet us.

Matt departed Ljubljana Sunday morning to go to Nice to meet up with the others

Sunday, the course had been changed and was some what more difficult. Their first run was not their best a little on the slow side with the tag "Crash Dummies" making a come back. 6 Touches yeoch!!! Their´2nd run was much better apart from some trouble at gate 2, if not for this their time would have been really good.

After the 2 races they finished 11th, one place away from the final. Overall they were really pleased with how they had raced over the 3 weeks.

With the racing now over the team departed and we headed back to Ljubljana for the night, before heading to Salzburg the next day.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and emails, its really good to hear from everyone at home.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb