Salzburg


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
June 4th 2007
Published: June 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left Ljubljana early Monday morning headed for Salzburg. The train trip there took abount 4 hours and as you would expect provided spectacular views of the Austrian countryside. After checking into our 600 year old hotel we headed out to make the most of our short stay here. We wandered through the old town before taking the funicular up the mountain to the castle that overlooks the city. We really had a sense of DeJaVu having done the same thing with Matthew, Sharee and Ross two years ago. we even sat at the same table at a cafe in the castle and enjoyed a 0.5 lite of the local beer Stiegl, one the best we have sampled so far.

One our way back we set out to find the same restaurant that we had eaten at with Sharee and Ross on our previous visit. We had to have the goulash which Vicki had last time. Was worth the 2 year wait scrumptious! We even had the same waitress and she gave us a complimentary schnapps, Apricot, made you warm and fuzzy so it was time to head back to our hotel for an early night a to prepare for our much anticipated trip to Hallstatt.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb