Bike repair and a few of the sights in Bratislava


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region » Bratislava » Old Town
September 4th 2018
Published: September 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We hunted for a bike shop to fix the wheel and found a shop not far from the old town on Odchodna but since the wheel could not be repaired here, we thought it better to buy a new wheel for €25! It can be fixed at home and our hotel agreed to hold it for us until our return in 2 weeks.
It was a good warm dry day in spite of the forecasts, so we went off exploring on the bikes, to Bratislava Castle towering above the town. Beautiful building and landscaped gardens, and spectacular views of the Danube. We used Most SNP to cross the river. An exclusive pedestrian and cycling lane hung below the main bridge, means that you don’t have to compete with traffic, and can enjoy a quiet crossing, well elevated from the Danube, again with spectacular views. The bridge will take us on to the Eurovelo 6 cycle route to Budapest when we set out tomorrow. We had a spin around the Sad Janka Krala City Park, then lunch at the riverside bar. Back over the bridge then a spin on the opposite bank on cycle path mostly, to the ruined Devin Castle. Discovered a lovely riverside bar, the Mark Twain, where we stopped for a beer - €1.20 a pint! Dining again tonight in the Slovak Pub. Hearty local casseroles, dumplings and great beer! As we left, the heavens opened and it rained heavily for at least an hour, forcing us to duck into the KGB Bar for shelter!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb