On the road - Bratislava to Györ


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Western Transdanubia » Gyor
September 5th 2018
Published: September 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Day 3 and we’ve loaded our panniers, on the road and heading to Budapest on a sunny morning. We found a quiet route to the Most SVP bridge that took us over the Danube. The bridge has exclusive pedestrian and cycling lane which makes a safe, pleasant crossing. A quiet cycle lane follows the Danube, the only other cyclists we met were guys commuting in the opposite direction, to work in Bratislava. A very pleasant route, and we deviated away from the normal route to the dam and reservoir at Čunovo, instead opting for the inland route through Rajká. The pretty towns along the way including Mosonmagyraróvar, were well worth the detour.

Good cycle lanes carried us all the way into the centre of Györ. Györ has been the surprise of the trip so far. A beautiful historic city at the confluence of three rivers. The old town is pedestrianised, beautiful architecture and huge elegant public squares. We got booked into a beautiful apartment in an old building (Baross Boutique Apartment), right in the main shopping street Baross Gabor Ut, through Booking.com, breakfast provided in a nearby cafe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb