An Electrifying Visit to the Tesla Museum


Advertisement
Europe » Serbia » West » Belgrade » Vranic
May 11th 2022
Published: May 1st 2022
Edit Blog Post

designs of Dragiša Brašovan, a distinguished Serbian architect. The building was used for various purposes until December 5, 1952, when the Nikola Tesla Museum was founded in accordance with the decision of the Government of the Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia. Certain items for the museum were shipped from New York City to Belgrade, Yugoslavia, on September 7, 1951, as a result of efforts by Sava Kosanović, Tesla's nephew and closest relative and his attorney Philip Wittenberg. Reconstruction of the Nikola Tesla Museum started on November 3, 2006. The first phase of the project was scheduled to have been complete by the end of 2006. The garden on the roof of the museum was designed to be enclosed by glass windows, which would turn the roof into a computer room. This reconstruction is now complete, and the museum is available to visit.

With gas prices currently quite high, the Tesla Auto is in high demand, at least back home. Nikola Tesla was one of the greatest inventors of the nineteenth and twentieth century. He was an Orthodox Christian Serb born in a town that is now part of Croatia, but he spent most of his life in the United States. Nevertheless, he is considered a Serbian hero by the country, and the airport in Belgrade is named after him. His inventions included the induction engine, which made using alternating current practical. Nearly every machine in your home was influenced greatly by his work.

As the institution which preserves the most abundant in the world collection of documents on life and work of Nikola Tesla, the Museum plays a significant role in providing abundant information to the researchers of history of science, inventions and patent rights as well as for environmental protection projects and studies of pollution-free energy sources.



A particular role of the Museum is the organization, support and promotion of the investigations from the history of science, which could possibly afford a better recognition of Tesla's contribution to the development of science and engineering at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century.

I have thought about buying a Tesla auto, but just don't trust its rather strange headman, Musk. He is as unrealiable as a Tonga yard worker in Maui on a hot summer day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 2.1mb