Inside Romania


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Maramures » Barsana
July 6th 2014
Published: July 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Romania. Well after all the concern and warnings, do we have some news for you. A sad story goes with the good. The Romanians are angry with the world. They say that because"Gypsies" roamed the world in very often in an unsavoury way, it is blamed on the Romanians. But they say, Romanians are not Gypsies, they are a race on their own. Well let us tell you. We find in this beautiful country amazing, friendly, helpful people. Today a wonderful happening. After visiting a museum village where wooden homes and barns etc. dating back from 1600+. We had a bright idea, the Ukrainian border edges the town we were in. We wanted to see it. Surprise . Of we went and there we stood at the edge of the bridge, which crosses the river Tisa. Halfway the bridge is the border. An official waved at us, that we could come and stand in line to cross, but we shook our heads No. He than came to us and asked what was this all about. After explaining he said, park your car somewhere and come with me. We had to leave our pass port and took us up the bridge on the red line what was Ukraine. We put one leg over the line and voila, we have now also been in the Ukraine. Lots of stories went with this how the villages close by all spoke Romanian and actually use to be. So how good was this surprise friendliness. The other Officials all thought it was funny. The Officer said we could only make a photo from a distance. They would not look if we did. Because you are not allowed do that. And this type of thing we find everywhere. Yesterday we travelled over tiny country roads, through farming villages each with their own treasures. Again photos will tell the story.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.513s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb