Camping holiday Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal
July 25th 2008
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Mike, Kaz, Nic and I decide to take a camping trip around Portugal!! Fly into Porto, pick up a rental and head to our first nights destination. Extremely hot so the cold beer is very welcomed. Next day we tour Porto sightseeing along the river and head to a port tasting factory very interesting, some botlles of port date to 1851 for a mere 3500 euros!! Next destination Evira and Coimbra have lunch and a wander - bloody hot! Drive the scenic route to Tomar, set up camp have dinner and beers and a swim thank god. Up early pack up and off to Evora for lunch and wander cool little place with tiny streets. Carry on back in the car and off to Avira, awesome spot with lakes and wicked scenery. Set up camp and have dinner in the restaurant and go to bed a little light headed!! 29/7 Up early (a little dry) and make our way to Quateira and set up camp again then off to the beach... another scorching day but the water is freezing but refreshing do some sightseeing nakedness on the beach YAY and back to camping ground pool and beers. Next day up and off to Lagos Mike has a slight crash into someone very funny glad we took the extra insurance! Stay in Lagos for 3 days loads of sunning and swimming with some coastal sight-seeing massive cliffs which look fantastic. Take a boat trip round the coast and loads of photos. Spend a day at aqualand water park loads of rides and pool neat way to chill in the sun. Next destination is Lisbon, have a look around the city and waterfront then take a drive to Sintra which has wicked beaches. have a look around a palace. Get lost coming back Mikes patience wearing thin so easy to wind him up very funny! Final day up early clean out car and say goodbye to Mike and Kaz who head home an Nic and I start our next leg to Spain.



Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb