Cascais to Espinho


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal
November 6th 2022
Published: November 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Travel day today, our last main one before heading home. We left our hostel around 9 to walk to the train station for the urban train from Cascais to Lisbon. Once we got into Lisbon, we walked along the shoreline to the station that our train departs from to head north.
We ended up meeting a really nice couple from Atlanta on the train. They have 2 girls that are similar age also now living on their own. Neighbours of theirs are doing home renovations, so they rented the neighbours their house for 8 months, and have gone traveling. They'll be in Porto for a month, so we might meet up this week.
We got to Espinho, a sleepy beach town about a half hour before Porto. The apartment was a short walk from the train station. It's another house swap (this is his principle residence, but he works remotely, so tries to be away all winter), and it's beautiful! A huge 2 bedroom/2 bathroom, including a rooftop terrace. It also has a ton of dishes- I've never seen a home of a single guy with so many plates!
We settled in, started a load of laundry (hadn't done any during our Cascais stay) and walked to the grocery store. Then when we got back, we took some snacks and a glass of wine up to the rooftop terrace to watch the sunset. We have a view of the ocean- huge crashing waves. It's pretty cold here though, definitely not suntanning weather!
I went down to the apartment to start prepping dinner, as we're having guests. Francisco, who has stayed at the hostel several times the last few years, lives in Espinho with his girlfriend Vanessa (they stayed together at the hostel this past winter for a couple months).
Francisco and Vanessa arrived at 7. We had a great dinner and visit together. On Tuesday, they're going to take us to show us around Porto.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb