Lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
August 16th 2006
Published: August 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well with less than 24 hours until we fly out here is a breif recap of our last week. We left Florence quite early last week to head to Nice...it was okay...not really...nice but ...okay. (thats a joke). It wasnt a very long stop so we mainly visited the beach to eat dinner, then our hostel to sleep then the train station to leave again. Our next stop was Marseille which was GREAT. wel...we didnt see much of it...just the beach. but it was a GREAT beach and we had a GREAT 2 days lying on it. it was wonderful to not move for a bit after being so active. So after Marseille we moved on to Barcelona. We saw La Sagrada Familia the beautiful church. it was actually quite funny because our whole time in Europe hilary and i had had bad luck with running into things under construction. so when we showed up at the church and there were 4 cranes sticking out of the top we thought 'not again!'...but then we found out that its not finished so its ALWAYS under construction. After a night in Barcelona it was off to Madrid. We had a little more time here and enjoyed exploring the streets and parks. We unfortunately hit it on a Monday which meant the Prado was closed. We were pretty sad but managed to console ourselves with icecream...again. Oh, and I got pooed on by a bird...twice...in like 15 minutes...possibly different birds...or the same one...not really sure. After that, we had another night train. It looked really pretty from the outside but i think our car was from 1945 and our seat was from 1925 and the leg room was for small children. our seat rocked with every train motion and our legs were cramped all night. Our sleep was slightly lacking as we arrived here in Lisbon. So, Lisbon...nice...hilly...lots of tile. to be honest, at this point weºre not really taking much in. we continue to see lots of things but were looking forward to a nice dinner out tonight (our last night) and getting going in the morning.
SO, we will see you all soon!
so long from Europe.
oh, and those long expected photos will be put up when we return home...hilary has about 800 and Robyn about 300. we will choose our best to post.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb