Mountains are a myth... and the space bubble incident


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
August 7th 2006
Published: August 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, lets backtrack a bit. We are now in Italy, after about a week in Austria and Switzerland. Switzerland was beautiful but wet. It rained almost the entire time we were there. The scenery was really great but unfortunately the clouds covered the higher mountains, leading Robyn to believe that the Alps are actually a myth... Since we never did see them. Robyn thought that it was more likely that we would see a care bear than a mountain. (Actually, having clouds all around us was pretty cool, in a spooky kind of way).

So, to avoid the rain, we took a scenic train to Lake Geneva. The sun came out long enough to give us a really good view. And the train ride itself was awesome - through tunnels and clinging to the sides of mountains.

Fortunately, we seem to have found the sun in Italy. Florence is absolutely beautiful. The weather is warm, well hot, again. We spent last night wandering around downtown (since our hostel is in the middle of nowhere) and saw the Duomo, and lots of other famous things whose names we can't spell.

On the way home, we had a rather interesting adventure on a rather crowded bus. So many people got on the bus that if another person had gotten on, I think the bus would have exploded. Let me just say that my rather large personal space bubble was severely infringed upon. The funny thing is that almost everyone got off at the same stop... ours.

Tomorrow we have another full day in Florence and plan to squeeze in some museums and hopefully some shopping. Then we're off to Nice VERY early in the morning... 7am train to catch, and it's a good 45 minutes away from our hostel.

Well, I think that's it for now. Hope you're all doing well.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb