Lisbon, Portugal's capital


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
May 1st 2012
Published: January 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

From Faro to Lisbon

After Faro, let's go to Lisbon!

Lisbon, a huge city, with a mix of old and modern.

If you want to see the entire city, you will have to take public transport, especially for the Belem tower which is at the exit of the city.

When you're from the center and you want to go to the hyper center, near the sea, you have to go down a huge street with a lot of statues, foutains...

Like the most cities of Portugal, there is a lot of churches, you can enter in the most, and it's gorgeous inside!

Once near the sea, you have a lot of shop streets, especially one which lead to a large place passing through kind of arch. There also is a metallic tower where you can go up and have a nice view of this part of the city.

When you're at the edge of the sea, you can see the wonderful "ponte 25 de abril", and a huge statue represanting Jesus rising his arms far away in the forest.

I really recommend you to do the walk near the sea where you can see the city who had been build up and up, with white, orange, red flats.

By making progress next to the sea, you arrive in part of the city covered with wonderful flowers.

When you go up the city, you have a nice view of white buildings with orange roofs until the sea with palm tree between.

The parliament is just amazing, it's so white, clean, and big, really beautiful! The view from the stairs worth it.

If one church deserve to be watch, it's "Basilica da Estrela", it's often occupied by ceremony, but you can watch.

The park in front of the church is really enjoyable! Ducks, gooses, many birds, it's really clean, really natural, take a break there!

The modern part of the city, is nice, but it's just a place to see, nothing to do or buy.


Next to this, you have the big alley downward to a big roundabout, and giving onto the sea, it's enjoyable to go down this alley with a lot of statues and mole-hill with a park close by with lakes and animals.


Things to know :

People in Lisbon just don't speak english, or french, or whatever you want...Even spanish... It's only portuguese, so, don't be lazy and learn some portuguese words !


The hotels are more expensive than the other cities in Portugal, but it's clean, and it's cheap in comparison of other European cities. Between 20 and 40€ you can have a night for 2.

If you want to go to the restaurant, be careful, because some restaurants offer dishes for 10€ but you can have the same for 4€! It's the same thing for the clothes shop, you can buy brand clothes way cheaper than in France, UK, Italia, etc...


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb