Porto, pleasure, fun, and wine !


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
May 1st 2012
Published: January 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

From Lisbon to Porto

After Faro, and Lisbon, let's go to Porto!

After Faro, and Lisbon, we decided to go to Porto, an amazing old city, you just can't be in a street and don't see something beautiful! It's 3h from Lisbon, and the bus from there cost 15€.

Between Faro, Lisbon, and Porto, it's for good Porto who's the cheaper. Especially for the restaurants, you can eat around everywhere for 4 - 5€ first course and course. They sell a speciality in Porto called francesinha, it's a sandwich but with a lot of meat inside and covered with melted cheese, in a lot of tomato-beer sauce, with fries. I swear you're not hungry anymore after this! It cost around 4€ it's really cheap!

Most of the streets are cobblestone streets. The buildings are not all very clean, but its gorgeous, everywhere you have something to see, a church, a statue, a park, a tower...That's why it's my favorite city in Portugal!

Something I really appreciate too, was the fact that you have square everywhere, you can take a break and admire the beauty of the old buildgins, mosaic, draw...

In the most cases, in square you have museum. The wine museum is very nice, so clean and wonderful! And you can buy rare Porto's bottle.

Some churches are really impressive, and most of the time, it's open, so you can take a look inside and enjoy the amazing decorations.

From the quay of Porto, you can see the other side, with all the cellar wine, from every brand you know, even some that you never saw!

When you go out from the center, you arrive in new quarters, all is new and modern, you cross some rich quarters with gorgeous houses, you just have a dream, it's to live inside!

Even in this new quarter, you can find cheap restaurants, we ate to one in a corner, we paid 4€ each, for the course (chicken, fries, rice, salads, tomatoes...)

Once at the edge of the main street leading to the sea, you arrive in huge park, the better park I ever went. Most of the park, it's just...nature, not so much bench or ways, with small lakes everywhere with a lot of ducks, goose, which ask you some food ! It's not shy !

Then, you arrive to the sea, it's more rocks than beaches, but it's really enjoyable, because they built wood ways to walk up the rocks with the sea next to you!

If you're a couple coming there, someone told us to don't miss the romantic park. It's full of peacock, coming to you, with a lot of flowers everywhere, and an amazing view of the river through gorgeous garden!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb