Lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
January 4th 2005
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

waiting for the missing buswaiting for the missing buswaiting for the missing bus

the sun almost gone, getting cold, and convinced we were stuck in obidos with only a bread roll and camera
As soon as we landed in lisbon we grabbed a hostel, dropped our bags and headed to Sintra, a small little town outside of Lisbon with an amazing palace and moorish castle.
The town was stunning, so colourful, on a steep hill and the views from the palace were incredible. Easily one of the most beatiful towns we´ve been too. Each room in the palace was packed with little treasures, and extravagant furniture, so opulent and fit for a royal family but homely at the same time.. loved it!

The next day we went to belem and checked out a chess piece - this rook/castle built on the waters edge. we managed to find a restaurant called FLORESTA, and were obviously drawn to it purely by its name.. rather risky yes, however proved to be scrumptious. We succumbed to the entree style bread and cheese that they insist on putting on your table, regardless of whether you want it or not. had mackerel 3! on my plate, full fish with bones and all but it was delicious!!!

And finally today, we went to Obidos, which is about 100km out of Lisbon to see this gorgeous little town surrounded by an old wall built by the moors when they ruled. on the way we stopped off at another small town to have a wonder, bought some cheese and olives and chorizo from the local markets, fumbling our way through Portugese but they love it!
Had to have Port (in Portugal) at a cosy little Port bar, an excellent little place with high couches and over 200 ports to chosse from!

haze: Definitely one of my favourite places. Portugal is charming, colourful, filled with cobbled streets, and smiling friendly people..

love hazeanddan




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

moorish castlemoorish castle
moorish castle

haze struggling up the side of the wall
moorish castleIImoorish castleII
moorish castleII

haze at the top with sintra castle in background
obidosobidos
obidos

lunch on the wall
haze in port barhaze in port bar
haze in port bar

feeling right at home


Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb