A little spot in Portugal.


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Tavira
May 15th 2010
Published: May 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So our time in Portugal was cut short due to the flight delays. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We arrived in Faro at about 9am and decided that it was too small to be interesting but too large to feel relaxed so we jumped on a train and headed along the coast for Tavira, which we just picked out of the lonely planet.

The place was brilliant, a little town straddling a river, centered around a castle and cathedral, with only a few thousand population. We checked into a hostel and spent the afternoon strolling around. We only saw about ten cars in the main street all day. The ruins of the castle were done up so tastefully - The grounds were full of gardens and pathways and you could climb up the walls with no entrance fee gimmicks or gift shops in sight. The rest of the afternoon involved a walk up and down the river banks and booking our onward journey to Seville for the next day.

We walked around looking for an appealing place to eat dinner and stumbled across a little lane that gets blocked off around dinner time when the restaurants put all their chairs and tables out. Had dinner with the sunset streaming down the lane we were in and decided that if we could only spend one day in Portugal then we´d have wanted it to be here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Model Shots for MartyModel Shots for Marty
Model Shots for Marty

maybe some inspiration for mark II marty, Wider base but not as comfortable as yours


18th May 2010

Thanks for call
Great to have a chat tonight and know that all's OK - sounds like a great place - grab some recepies - spanish food should go great on our back deck. Wet and miserable here so make the most of the sun. Barcelona should be great. Keep the dream alove. Love "The Olds"
5th July 2010

bloody Portuguese, stealing my idea!! nah, those stools look good i think they would have the edge based on stability from the struts

Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb