A Proposal in Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Lagos
February 28th 2009
Published: March 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A Proposal in Portugal
Who would have thought that I was going to get such a huge surprise on our one week holiday in Portugal? Well it was obviously on the cards, but a lovely surprise to be proposed to on a beautiful beach in Lagos. And yes the answer was defiantly YES!!!!!!!!!!
We started our adventure in Lisbon on a city tour bus, the bus took us to all the must see attractions. Our favourite being a castle (Torre de Belem) on the shore line. It was fun climbing the narrow, crowded staircase and finding a beautiful view at the top. We saw some amazing statues and architecture and I enjoyed walking over the draw bridge to get into the castle. The city streets were decorated with tiles with pretty decorations; some of the houses were also decorated as well.
Our first day, we were unlucky with the weather which later we learnt would be a trend to continue for the rest of the week. We soon realised that we had not packed for cold, wet weather I guess both of us were dreaming of the sun.
We caught a bus to Lagos for the rest of the stay and were happy to reach our modern, clean, one bedroom apartment. We quickly made ourselves at home and ventured to the local supermarket to pick up some food, unfortunately it rained so hard and we were soaked by the time we got back. It was nice to stay so close to the walled city which was so quaint and historical.


I loved the beaches especially the small one. It had so many beautiful colours, on the cliffs surrounding the water there were green plants which reflected the torques water beautifully. Just like Italy there were stones on the beach with shades of pinks and greens. Dale and I really enjoyed wondering though the huge holes in the rocks and finding another exquisite beach on the other side. There was another beach on the other side of the city which was long and stretched out for miles; it was where Dale proposed to me. After the proposal we made our way to a café on the beach side for celebration strawberry cocktails.

During our stay we managed to find some amazing restaurants and had fun sampling the local delicacies, one night I had a fish kebab it was
BuildingBuildingBuilding

The cool buildings
huge. On the last night we found an Italian restaurant (Vino Divino) which had a romantic, relaxing feel and even better it made homemade pasta, amazing!


We both loved Portugal, a land of beauty a land of tranquillity and a land where our dreams came true.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

MeMe
Me

On the way to the small bridge.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb