Auschwitz


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
July 14th 2014
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Walking in and around Auschwitz was truly a nerve wrecking experience to be in a place were so many people lost their lives was truly devastating, however, the experience is unforgettable. Not only was Auschwitz a place were Nazi Germany held Jews, Poles, Soviet Soldiers, and Roma but that is also were many of the held prisoners lost their lives. Auschwitz was operational around five years and in those five years nearly 1.1 million people were exterminated. Seeing the gas cans that were used to killed the people held was truly heart wrenching, however, this was in the past a lot has changed in over 70 years but these concentration camps serve as a reminder of the savage nature of the human being. Being up close to the incinerators that burn so many corpuses was also a moment that will be ingrained in my memory for the rest of my life knowing that I stood were hundreds of thousands of innocent people lost their lives. Auschwitz was an unforgettable experience and I a glad I was able to see this historic landmark as it puts in perspective many of the historical knowledge I have about concentration camps from teachings in America.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement




Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb