The Fili Invasion in Poland!!!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
June 19th 2007
Published: June 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jonjo & Asia's Wedding weekend had finally come! I had been looking forward to this for ages and also the fact that this would be my first holiday with all girls and their families! Met Vinah & Jessie at Marble Arch, then met Gi & Gem at the bus stop to catch a coach to Luton.

The flight to Poland was very smooth in the beginning and then right at the end it started getting a bit rocky then all the girls screamed together when the plane swooshed down! It was a very funny moment and there was also relief and a lot of clapping when we landed! Jonjo & Chris (Asia's brother) were there to greet us at Katowice Airport and then we walked over to the coach and boarded and made our 2 1/2 hour journey to the venue and where we would be staying throughout the event. The coach ride seemed to take forever and it was very uncomfortable when trying to sleep but Jessica was very entertaining and made the ride enjoyable.

When we arrived at our hotel, Asia and her mother were there to meet us and we all went up to our rooms to freshen up for dinner. Janice's grandmother and uncle & wife from Vienna had already arrived. The last time I saw them was in 2000 in Hawaii! That's where Grandma resides. I shared a room with Jan, Vix, Cutes, Vinah & Jess.

Went downstairs for dinner and the parents and the younger lot were seperated. Jessica was getting people to run around the hall with her when not eating and we were enjoying the food that was served to us!!! It was still pretty early, so we went upstairs and outside the section with Jonjo's friends there was a lounge area which we all sat at. Didn't stay there for too long. Was pretty exhausted from the travelling and also the fact I hardly had any sleep the night before.


WEDDING DAY & PARTY

Everyone woke up before 9am to go downstairs for breakfast. Again good food and Jessica was wide awake already getting people to play with her! She's probably the first baby I have come across that doesn't cry and is moody when they get up! Instead she smiles at you when you say hi and she up talking and moving around like she was hi on milk!!! Anyway after breakfast we all started having showers and doing our hair and manicures in time for the coach to take us to Asia's house. When we arrived, Asia's family and friends were there waiting outside. We were waiting for the bride & groom's appearance. First the parents of the bride & groom, then the Groomsmen and Bridesmaids then Asia and Jonjo! Asia looked so beautiful and so happy. There were many cameras going off all at once trying to get a shot! They stood for a few minutes then went into the car to drive to the church. We all got back on the coach and after about 3-5 minutes we all got off again, only to be told to get back on. We didn't know that the Bride & Groom meet the people of the town to get their congratulations. When the coach passed the people on the streets, they would be waving at us, so it was a nice feeling to be there among people who truly were happy!

We were told in advance that we were not allowed to take photos in the church (which was annoying for me, but in a selfish way), so when we were in the church and the guy in front of me was taking photo's I wanted to snatch the camera out of his hands and tell him not too, but I don't think he could speak English! The ceremony was really beauiful and emotional. Even though most of it was said in Polish, you kinda go the jist of it, so there were a few tears. After the ceremony, we all went outside to wait for Jonjo and Asia, and then people formed a line to give flowers and gifts to them, also another tradition. Most of the polish people had bought bouquets of flower with them so us Filipino's felt a bit presentless with just an envelope with money in it.

Anyway, we gave our gifts, took photos and then all went back on the coach to go back to the Hotel. Once there we all sat down on our tables (which had place names) and the food started being served immediately! I had been eating the food like there was no tomorrow, only to be told that more food would be coming out by the hour so to slow down and not eat too much! In between that I would be taking shots and if anyone knows me, they know I am not one to drink, so I was a bit dizzy early! But that didn't stop me from constanly drinking that I lost count! Everyone looked like they were enjoying theirselves and the people I met were so nice & friendly! But I know I was talking soooo much rubbish!!!!

When it came to dancing, as soon as the band started playing their music, Asia's side would go up in pairs and start dancing & us Filipinos would follow. There were times when we would dance in circles all together or do the conga. It was toooo much fun. I also noticed that the band were taking longer breaks then when they would play but I guess they were there till the end but it's so different in London where music would constantly be in the background. There was also a dancing competition for the guys where chosen girls would pick a winner. Then there was centre dancing where the bride & groom would wear a straw hat, dance together then both would pick someone (each) and dance with that person, then that person would pick someone else and so on. It was such a great night, with great people and a great deal of fun. When I went to bed, drunk, I was excited about day 2, because it would start all over again....


PARTY DAY 2 & BBQ

So wake up for breakfast (by 9am) feeling sick and wanting to vomit, but couldn't get anything out. I thought eating breakfast would help me but it didn't want to come out!!! After breakfast a few of us w/ Jessie walked around the area. It was another beautiful day and also peaceful! It was also quite sad as well because some of the guys were leaving to go back to London, so we were trying to spend as much time together. We went up & everyone had to be ready for around noon because all the guest that came the day before would be coming back for Day 2 of celebrations. When I got downstairs, the Polish guys I was talking to the night before were already sitting down. There was Dominic (the photographer) & Claudia, Arthur & Merdena, Michael & Dorota & Marcin & Evelina. Sat down with them again and was speaking sober and apologetic for the night before! I was also taking shots with them and everyone else who called my name to take one with them. They couldn't speak enough English, but their language was speaking louder then words!!!

At about 1:30pm it was time for Cutes, Vix, Chris, Ben & Richard and parents to leave. It was very sad to see them go and I know they hated leaving also, especially after all the fun they had the day before and the beginning. Jessie was clueless as to what was happening & continued to be the jolly baby she was! Went back inside to eat more, drink more & dance!

At around 4:00pm there was a BBQ outside and it was the perfect weather for it!!! The BBQ grill was absolutely enormous and the food on it was fantastic!!! After the BBQ, some of us decided to take a stroll with Jessie around the area again. When we got back, we again, eat, drank & danced!!! It all ended about 9:30pm. Everyone staying at the venue helped tidy up the tables then went up to change & rest. It felt quite sad lying there because I couldn't help but feel sad that the next day we would be leaving Poland to go back to London...


HOMETIME

We had to get up and be ready by 7:30am if we wanted to go to town with Auntie Vicky, so we all managed to (with difficulty) get ourselves showered and changed by that time and then walk over to town. It wasn't far at all from the hotel, and the weather was a bit miserable. It wasn't so noisy and there didn't seem to be too many people out but it still was nice to look at and the buildings and streets were nice and clean. We stoppped off at a church in town to say a little prayer then walked up to the market and bought some strawberry's and cherry's which were very yummy. It was a small market and it felt quite nice and people very friendly. On the way back to the hotel, it started to drizzle a bit, but then stopped, but by the time we reached the hotel, it was raining properly.

We had also reached the hotel just in time for breakfast. Everyone else was awake and at the table eating. The had delicious soup, which was so delicious I had to have 3 plates, and then they bought out left overs from the wedding which everyone eat. After breakfast we helped clean the tables and then headed upstairs to finish packing.

Leaving there was really hard because it was probably one of the best holidays i've had and it seemed too soon to leave! I am definately going back especially if it's a polish wedding!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 28


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb