Back to civilisation again!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Pomerania » Kwidzyn
July 17th 2007
Published: August 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 5


Lake againLake againLake again

Time for a sudoku by the lake...
I wake early from a not very restful sleep, around 6am we are up. I get some coffee from the nearby petrol station while Hans takes down the tent, then we slowly make our way out of Kwidzyn. The town looked quite attractive last night, but neither of us are in the mood for sightseeing, we simply want to get out of here.

The first 20km are a drag, the road constantly rising and falling, with the uphill stretches too steep for a loaded bike. After 25km, we find a lake with a beach, almost empty since we're early. We take a dive, relax for a bit, until more and more people arrive. By the time we leave, the beach is packed full of people trying to cool down from the hot day.

The road leads us on to Susz, a small town with its own lake. The sun is sitting high in the sky, it's too hot to cycle, so we take a break in the shade by the lake, Hans taking a nap. But after a few hours, we can't sit still anymore, the road is calling us. Against our best judgement (it's still quite hot), we
Road with a viewRoad with a viewRoad with a view

View onto one of the many lakes between Susz and Milomlyn, complete with storks.
pack our things and get back on the bikes.

The route leads through a large plane of lakes, surrounded by forests, which make for a shady ride. Occasionally, the woods offer a view to one of the many lakes in the area, but none of them seem easily accessible from the road. We're both worn out after the night in the park, but continue on until we decide to have dinner by the side of the road, on a small access road. As soon as we have unpacked everything and the pot of water for the pierogi is boiling, sure enough a farmer shows up with his tractor and needs to get past us into the woods, so we have to move everything out of the way.

Like magic, the dinner has taken away all the tiredness, and we make it to Milomlyn, a small town on the other side of the plane. Behind the town, the map promises lots of woodland, perfect for the night. When we ask for the way into the woods, the man giving us directions decides that his German doesn't suffice to lead us on the right track and takes us to a
Dinner for twoDinner for twoDinner for two

Dinner by the side of the road. Today on the menu: pierogi and a coffee.
German family. While Hans stays at their house, watching the luggage, I follow the son of the family, who shows me the way. On return, he suggest a hotel. Tired and worn out from night upon night spent in the woods, the temptation of having a good shower and a real bed once again is irresistible, and we book a room for the night.

In the hotel, I immediately head for the shower, then washing my clothes. Afterwards, we head for a second dinner in the restaurant before falling into bed - the first bed in 4 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sunset...Sunset...
Sunset...

...over the roads of Milomlyn.
A bed!A bed!
A bed!

Finally, a bed and a shower!


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb