Krakow


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
July 29th 2006
Published: July 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

KrakowKrakowKrakow

Wawel Castle
We arrived to some scorching humidity and trecked a very short distance to our hostel. It is small and really quaint and fantastic. We are on the second floor and have our own little kitchenette, computer with the internet, tv, couch, table and set of bathrooms. So far we havent seen anyone else on this level. We can also go to the level below for a bigger kitchen and help from the really friendly staff. She even did my washing for me, for free! Kind of wishing we were staying longer because there is so much to see in gorgeous little Krakow but we werent even going to come here at all as busabout doesnt.

Its much more catering for tourists than Warsaw. as we left the station there were about 10 different tourist booths advertising hostels. Went for a stroll to the Wawel Castle which was home to polish royalty and later taken over by teh Austrians for military purposes. It started raining so we couldnt really discover Krakow but we went into the rooms at the castle where there were lots of tapestry's, fresco ceilings and some amazing hand painted wooden walls etc. There was a wedding on, before the rain hit, which was beautiful.

As we were stuck in the rain there was little more to do than sit in their little resturant and have some apple pie with custard, almonds and ice cream! It was delicious and passed the time till we made a run for it.

Have made good use of the free internet here for you guys and will hopefully head out in just a little bit to discover some of the nightlife. Keep in touch, love me

Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb