Business Trip to Krakow, Poland


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
February 24th 2010
Published: January 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

London - Krakow

24/02/2010

KrakowKrakowKrakow

Exploring the city of Krakow, Poland after work.
After being just over a month in my new job as a Merchandiser at one of the biggest retail companies in the world, I was being sent out on my first business trip to Krakow, Poland. Now I wouldn’t usually write an entry for travelling with work, because honesty how interesting could it possibly be. But since I have never been to Poland before I thought I’d throw it in here. My colleague and I were going only for a couple of nights and obvisouly spent the majority of the time working at the Tesco head office in Kapalenka. However when we had the chance after work we headed into town to have a look around and find somewhere to eat. It was absolutely freezing in Krakow and was very quiet out and about, with it being the middle of winter. We explored the main square which was virtually desserted, it was just too cold for most people to be out.

We eventually found a sports bar which looked a little dodgy but turned out to have some great food. So Mike and I sat there, had a few drinks while watching the football for most of the night. Late in the evening we slowly headed back, the very long route (yes we got lost on the way!) to our hotel. We had a couple more beers, which we bought earlier then headed up to our rooms to sleep. The following day was much the same, all day spent at work then again headed out for dinner and drinks. Really the only difference was that we met some other colleagues who came out to dinner with us. Next morning we were driven around Krakow going in and out of competitor stores, browsing their layout and merchandise. Eventually we ran out of time and headed back to the airport to catch our flight back into London. I enjoyed the short trip, even though there really wasn’t much time to explore properly.

Accommodation:
Novotel Kracow Centrum

Advertisement



Tot: 0.365s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 75; dbt: 0.2687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb