Krakow, 21?


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
June 20th 2009
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Krakow!!

I arrived in krakow last evening at about 7 pm. it was a 10.5 hour train ride. it was nothing short of boring.
it was slow as all hell, there were no fast trains on the route so it just took forever. and this old dude kept snoring in front of me so that made sleep just impossible.
but i did get to see some polish countryside. it was alot like the midwest. i thought i was taking a train through Wisconsin for a while.
Krakow is a cool place so far. i went out last night and to my surprise, i couldnt get into any clubs. you have to be 21 or older. this just makes no sense. you can drink at 18, but cant go into a bar/club untill 21. hmmm i sense that im back in the states with that type of law.
but after searching tirelessly i found a pub with no gaurd at the door and snuck in to have a pint of Guinness, oh how amazing it was.
Today i will go see the Krakow ghetto and Oscar Schindler's factory! how amazing that will be!
its been raining, AGAIN. i think ive had like 4 days of sunshine since ive been here. im missing the sun for sure.
Berlin was nothing short of fantastic. i will make a new blog post about that in itself now that i have some cheaper internet.

ill write again tomorrow or the next day. paying like 30cents for 45 min of internet is cheap!
Later!


Advertisement



20th June 2009

hope you will enjoy Krakow
Hey Beau, maybe have time to see "Smok" the dragon, breathe fire. He lives near Wawel castle. Check out the old (stary) market just off the Planty (the park that surrounds old town) It's real people, instead of the tourists that fill up the Rynek (the main square). Drink a Zywiec for us! Safe travels...

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb