Scndanavian Tour


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
June 17th 2017
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Touring is always fun for the unexpected! Another workout day, cold and wet! We rode into the small village of Dale. Decided to take a hotel room. The only hotel and with only 5 or 6 rooms and because of a wedding they were all booked. Hmmm, we rode all over town looking for a spot to pitch our tent and a spot with enough privacy for the normal morning requirements. We finally found a field right in the middle of town. A large field ringed by some trees and high grass. We looked and debated and all of a sudden the manager of the hotel rides up. He said he understood our plight and offered to put us up for the night in his large house!!! Wow, are you sure, OK! Turns out there is a European volunteer program and his girl and 3 others share a large house just minutes from where we stood. He and his girl friend are from Spain, one person from Turkey, one from France, and one from Germany. They all volunteer in different parts of the community; elder care, mentally challenged, and teaching. Most were off on different excursions so Juan Carlos and Pilar took us in. They cooked a fantastic dinner and we talked till 11!!! They invited us to Spain and we invited them to stay with us in the US.

Back on the road, we had a good day of riding with only a few good climbs and no rain! Yea right, about 5 or 6 miles before we hoped for a Hostel or campground it started pouring! Crazy ride into the Town of Forde where we found a cabin to dry out in!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.387s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb