25 Sep


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway
September 26th 2007
Published: September 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

25 Sep

We spent the night near to where we had rented our van and returned it mid-morning. Then a longish trip by cab to Manchester Airport and thence to Schiphol and ultimately Oslo. Mags met us at the airport and as it was then getting late took us to our hotel which is near where he works. He will pick us up again tomorrow morning.

26 Sep

Boy what a neat day. After breakfast in the hotel, we went into central Oslo with Mags in the car of Bodil’s sister which is a 7 seater Volvo. We saw our first castle that actually has a king resident in it. We also saw a bakery where the conveyor system has become a tourist attraction! Tom has a video of this. The next stop was a real highlight for me, we went and saw the famous boat of Thor Heyerdahl, the Kon Tiki. There was also on display the Ra2. I read the book on the voyage of the Kon Tiki many years ago and did not realize that it still existed. There was also a lot on his Easter Island trip which I remember as a kid. We then went to Mags and Bodil’s house which is right next to the famous park in Oslo with the obelisk and hundreds of statues of people of all shapes and sizes. A lunch in a bakery and then back through the park to pick up the car and off to Western Norway. We stopped at a church which is almost 900 years old making it one of the oldest wooden buildings in the world. We are now in Rauland in the Telemark county, it is an area mostly over 800 metres above sea level, very sparsely populated. The view from my window is truly impressive, I reckon I may get some cracker photo’s tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



27th September 2007

Happy Birthday
Dear Gregory, This is actually our second attempt at this since the first birthday wishes didn't appear to make it. We have been following your trip and think it's time for you and the gang to get out of the North and get back to the Equator where it's warm. We are ready for you and Fredy has laid in a reserve stock of Manta Piss. Happy 29th and see you next week.
27th September 2007

Hi from NZ
Hey Greg, I'm a friend of Ng's looks like you guys are having a fantastic time love to see the photos and hear your narration. Give my love to Ng and tom and shirley. keep posting i will look in again soon.
28th September 2007

Kia Ora fm Waiouru
Hi Greg I'm Ngais daughter, Hey Mum, looks like you are having a fantastic time. Have rec the postcards for the boys who are lapping it up and love looking at the pictures of where you have been. Take care all, love and miss you heaps

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb