Surprising things about Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Trøndelag
July 3rd 2018
Published: July 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

A few suprising things we have noticed:
Very poor quality bread. You could use many Norwegian loaves as a hammer. They are incredibly solid and dense.
The only cakes they do in about 90% of shops are 2 very sweet danish pastries.
They seem to like waffles a lot but eat them cold.
Reindeer feature on local menus so we have indulged - sorry Rudolph.
There are a large number of hybrid and electric cars.
Tolls are a feature of Norwegian roads. To add insult they normally do them to fund major road improvements. So you crawl through rough sections of road for miles and are charged for it. Some small private roads charge a toll. You put the money in an envelope and write your registration on it and drop it in a box.
Norway does amazing bridges. Road bridges with major bends and significant hills. Have to use 3rd gear on some. Amazing suspension bridges on walking paths. Only one person allowed at a time. When Bernie asked why I said that it was to keep the death toll down if the bridge failed. This was not a good answer apparently.

There seems to be a lot of bus stops but we haven’t seen many buses.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb