Trondheim Hours


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Trøndelag » Trondheim
March 13th 2018
Published: March 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The ship was delayed overnight by head winds and at one stage Captain said we were almost 2 hours late. However we docked at 2.30 ish and were ashore by 3.0 and walking over the bridge into town when at 3.07 I turned on Mapmywalk.
We'd been given a town map so used that to go through the main part to Nidaros.
Got down to river and lookout to take couple photos on way there. Stretch of old warehouses probably less than quarter mile. After seeing church went over bridge and I tried to find unusual angles. We turned left into Bakklandet. Saw only a couple of quaint views to photograph. Went down by river and as we'd only been about 90 minutes, sat in sun for a while before continuing to canal and pedestrian bridge back to where we began, over the railway station. I used the lift to go up and missed photographing a guy using it with his bike.
Back in port area saw the Hurtigruten quay with a hydrofoil in and of course Balmoral. Hope I have good reflection pictures. Only back in cabin did I realize I had not checked the Aurora forecast. Returned to quay
Docked in TrondheimDocked in TrondheimDocked in Trondheim

The cruise port is simply across the marina from the railway line. It is a 15 minute walk over there to reach the town surrounded by the river Nid.
but couldn't get the images or try to load the full prediction.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

River NidRiver Nid
River Nid

Lovely reflection of sky in the Nid as we cross the bridge between the station and town street.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb