Last Ship Day


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Northern Norway » Kirkenes
July 25th 2023
Published: July 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Last full day on the ship. Today we have 2 excursions. The North Cape and then a Sami experience.

Beautiful sunny day again so we reckon we are in for a treat at the North Cape. Wrong.

Got on the bus. Guide says we might have fog to deal with. We think he is full of it until we get closer. Sure enough, fog.

Get to the visitor Centre and walk out the door towards the point where everyone has pics taken. A large globe structure. This is about 100 meters from the Centre. Can’t see the globe. Get there and we can see a bit. Take pics but can’t see anything else.

Cold as buggery so head back indoors where they have a movie experience of the cape to watch. Those with glasses have de-fogged by now. You could actually see icicles firming on faces it was that cold and foggy.

Did a few other things indoors then tried outside again. Even harder to see this time. Eventually back in the bus. Could say this was a fail.

Back to the ship to start packing bags as we are due out of our room at 0800 with a departure from the ship at 0900.

Then we head off to our Sami experience. Nice bus trip but when we get to the Sami home it feels a bit too commercial. Fail number 2 maybe. Some interesting bits but a bit too rehearsed one feels.

Back to the ship for our last supper. Much better meal tonight. Say farewell to our 2 waiters (Raoul and Patryk). Great guys who enjoyed a laugh with us.

Upstairs to the lounge with our Brisbane folk. I bequeathed a book I had read to Ralph. We laughed our way through another bottle of red then realized it was nearly midnight again and we had to have our bags out by midnight for departure tomorrow.

Farewells and off we go. Bags out and now to sleep. Been a lot rougher tonight but seems to have eased a bit now. Hopefully an easy night to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.457s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.2253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb