Gaustatoppen(1883m)


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway
June 11th 2008
Published: June 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Some pictures from my trip to Gaustatoppen(1883m) together with a friend. Gaustatoppen is the highest point in Telemark, and by many considered as one of the most beautiful mountains in Norway. For information in English on how to get there check out http://www.ii.uib.no/~petter/mountains/1500mtn/gausta.html.

Now Gaustatoppen is indeed one of the most touristed mountains in Norway, and this for a good reason. From the summit one can view an area of approximately 60000km², a greater view than from any other mountain on the Norwegian mainland. The trek to the top is fairly easy aswell, but one should estimate 3 hrs up and 2 hrs down on the first trek and keep in mind that you are going more than 700m upwards from the parking spot. So even though it is fairly easy, it's not really a walk in the park, but it can be done by the averagely fit.

The hike from the parking spot is straightforward. Just follow the red T's, and you'll find yourself at the top in 2-3 hrs. Many are pleased when arriving at the hut, and what looks to be the summit (this is also where the elevator ends). However the view from this point is far from as good as the one at the true summit. So I recommend everyone to walk the extra 20 minutes to the real summit. This climb is a little more technical, so it might not be suitable for everyone.





Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Freshly fallen snowFreshly fallen snow
Freshly fallen snow

Look for the guy in blue socks!


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb