Goodbye Bergen.... Hello, Oslo!


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
April 21st 2009
Published: April 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We awoke at what seemed to be a ridiculously early time (although hindsight has taught us that we can always push ourselves further) and went downstairs, where the lovely, considerate staff at the Bergen Travel Hotel had put out breakfast for us early. (Incidentally, we just wanted to mention how helpful they were in every respect, and how much we enjoyed our stay there! If you go to Bergen, you should stay there - it's cheap, in the centre of everything, really beautifully furnished and the staff are, as mentioned, legends.)

We trekked ourselves down to the trainstation - actually, it was more of a trot on account of the fact we were running slightly late. Eventually figured out our carriage and seats - turns out it was well worth the 50K (about $11) reservation for the seat, because we saw Eurail Pass People who hadn't reserved squished like sardines into another carriage - many standing.

It was a 6 hr 40 minute train ride from Bergen to Oslo and terraine was diverse and stunning as we travelled through the mountains.

There was the world's cutest and smiley-est baby near us, and an attractive-looking *ooh!* mathematician *eww!* that Michele photographed while he was sleeping.

We got to Oslo, walked to our hotel from the train station (which, with Bri having to drag her wheelie suit-case, was quite a feat!) and spent the afternoon planning our time in Oslo and buying some snack food for us to carry around the city in the following days.

Not much else to tell, we had an early one - no partying!

Enjoy our photos!

Love the Three Musky-Beers...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



22nd April 2009

I want to go to Europe!!
Hi Girls, Its looks like you are having a fabulous time!! Its great reading about what your doing and seeing!! Enjoy the rest of your trip, ill look forward to my daily fix of your journal hahaha.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb