Norther again


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Hemsedal
June 25th 2007
Published: June 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

GeirangerGeirangerGeiranger

Above the fjord, ours was the little cabin on the left. Very charming. Where we live it's all SO flat, they grow crops on the flat ground. Can't get over seeing crops growing on the roofs.
After a full day of travelling through the mountains and incredible scenery, and crossing fjords by ferry, and through numerous tunnels we stay at a revamped farm with several lovely cabins and a sensational menu - Westeras - we befriend the ponies - then next morning after we check out we climb the remainder of the mountain to where the waterfall crashes over the edge (we even walk down a path that takes you right under the falls - thunderous)

Chris drives us to a lookout nearby that is directly overhead the end of the fjord, which now has about 5 cruise ships anchored. We drive on until a little way past Fortun, we stop in at a park which has vans and cabins and a stream running straight past outside our window, and a spectacular waterfall right across the road. Chris makes a portable BBQ and we fill on good food and wine before reminding ourselves that it's almost midnight again and still daylight...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

High up in the mountainsHigh up in the mountains
High up in the mountains

We climbed the trail up to the waterfall
The waterfallThe waterfall
The waterfall

For the surefooted, it's a wonderful experience to climb right in under the falls
Above Geiranger FjordAbove Geiranger Fjord
Above Geiranger Fjord

Jo, on top of the world.


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb